See the sum & average Want to get more out of Google Docs for work or school? Sign up for aGoogle Workspace trialat no charge.
You can quickly calculate the sum, average, and count in Google Sheets.
Note: This feature doesnt work for some numbers or currency formats.
- On your computer, open a spreadsheet in Google Sheets.
- Highlight the cells you want to calculate.
- In the bottom right, find Explore
. Next to Explore, you'll see "Sum: total."
- To see more calculations, click Sum.
- Count numbers See an example A B 1 Student Grade 2 Student 1 90% 3 Student 2 88% 4 Student 3 75% 5 Student 4 95%
To find the average grade:
- Highlight the range B2:B5.
- In the bottom right, click Sum.
- Choose Avg.
- In the bottom right, youll see Avg: 87%.
- Edit rows, columns & cells in a spreadsheet
- Google spreadsheets function list
- AVERAGE Computer AndroidiPhone & iPad More