How to quickly select non-adjacent cells or ranges in Excel?
Sometimes you may need to format or delete some non-adjacent cells or ranges, and work will be easier if you can select these non-adjacent cells or ranges together firstly. And this article is going to brings you some tricky ways to select non-adjacent cells or ranges quickly.
- Select non-adjacent cells or ranges with hotkeys
- Select non-adjacent cells or ranges with Go To feature
- Select non-adjacent cells or ranges with Kutools for Excel
Quickly select non-adjacent cells or ranges with keyboards
1. With Ctrl key
Just press and hold down the Ctrl key, and you can select multiple non-adjacent cells or ranges with mouse clicking or dragging in active worksheet.
2. With Shift + F8 keys
This does not require holding down keys during selection. Press the Shift + F8 keys firstly, and then you can easily select multiple non-adjacent cells or ranges in active worksheet.
Quickly select non-adjacent cells or ranges with Go To command
The Microsoft Excel's Go to command can help you select non-adjacent cells or ranges quickly with following steps:
1. Click the Home > Find & Select > Go to (or press the F5 key).
2. In the Go To dialog box, enter the cell/range positions in the Reference box, and click lick the OK button.
And then all corresponding cells or ranges will be selected in the workbook. See screenshot:
Note: This method requires user to figure out the cells or ranges position before selecting them.
Easily copy and paste multiple non-adjacent cells or ranges simultaneously in Excel
You may have noticed Microsoft Excel does not support copy multiple inconsecutive cells (staying in different columns) at the same time. But copying these cells/selections one by one waste of much time and is tedious! Kutools for Excels Copy Ranges utility can help get it done easily as below screenshot shown. Full Feature Free Trial 30-day!
Quickly select non-adjacent cells or ranges with Kutools for Excel
If you have Kutools for Excel, its Select Range Helper tool can help you select multiple non-adjacent cells or ranges in the whole workbook easily.
Kutools for Excel - Includes more than 300 handy tools for Excel. Full feature free trial 30-day, no credit card required! Get It Now
1. Click the Kutools > Select> Select Range Helper.
2. In the Select Range Helper dialog box, check the Union Selection option, next select multiple ranges as you need in the whole workbook, and then click the Close button. See screenshot:
For more detailed information about Select Range Helper, please visit Select Range Helper Free Download Kutools for Excel Now
Demo: select non-adjacent cells or ranges in Excel
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy tools for Excel, free to try without limitation in 30 days. Download and Free Trial Now!
Deselect cells from selected ranges
Reverse selections of selected ranges
Select all cells with data in selections
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, chartsand anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel 2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features 30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Read More... Free Download... Purchase...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!
Read More... Free Download... Purchase...Oldest FirstSort comments byOldest FirstNewest FirstComments (0)No ratings yet. Be the first to rate!There are no comments posted here yetLeave your comments
Posting as GuestLogin Username PasswordLogin to my account Name (Required) Email (Required)×Rate this post:Reset0 CharactersSuggested Locations I agree to the terms and conditionCancel Submit Comment