Its better to show than it is to tell. Thats why sometimes its better to resend an SMS message. Perhaps you need to let others know that a friend is coming over for dinner, or you need to inform others of a change in your schedule? Want to know how to forward a text message?
The good news is that, for Android devices, its pretty simple to forward text messages to others, and we will let you know precisely how to do it. This method works for the stock Android Messages, but manufacturer-specific apps should work similarly.
Related: These are the best SMS apps available
To forward a text message on Android, launch the Messages app, open the SMS you want to forward, tap and hold on to the message, tap on the three-dot menu button, and hit Forward. Select who you want to forward the message to and hit Send SMS.
Editors note: The instructions in this post were put together using a Pixel 4a with 5G running Android 12. Keep in mind steps may vary, depending on your hardware and software.
Edgar Cervantes / Android Authority
- Turn on and unlock your Android smartphone.
- Open the Messages app.
- Open the thread that includes the message you want to forward.
- Tap and hold on to the exact SMS you want to resend.
- Once the message is selected, tap on the three vertical dots icon at the top right.
- Select Forward.
- A list of everyone you have recently received or sent a message to appears on a list. Tap on a name, and you can forward the message to them.
- If you want to forward the message to a new number or another contact, tap on New Message. Select or search for a contact.
- If you want, you can also add some text of your own to the original message you wish to send out.
- When ready to forward the message, tap on the Send (right arrow icon) SMS button.
Thats all there is to it. Technically, the method is just as good as copying and pasting. Were you successful in forwarding a text message with this method?
Next: How to set up call forwarding on Android
Will the original sender know I forwarded his message?
No. Forwarding a message is pretty much like copying and pasting text. Unless an involved party tells him, there is no way for the original sender to know you did this.
Can I forward a message to multiple people at a time?
Yes. Simply add more people to the thread after you pick the first contact you want to forward a message to.
Can I unsend a text message I forwarded?
No. Once an SMS message is sent, there is no way to retract it.Comments