How to change the direction of worksheet?
Normally, the worksheet direction is Left-to-Right in Excel, but in order to satisfy certain language writing habits from right to left, Excel can switch direction of the worksheet which place the row and column heading on right as following screenshots shown. Please read this article to know more details about this task.
Change the direction of worksheet by checking the Default Direction
Change the direction of worksheet by adding the Right to left document command to QATOffice Tab Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier...Read More... Free Download...Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.Read More... Free Download...
Change the direction of worksheet by checking the Default Direction
Amazing! Using Efficient Tabs in Excel Like Chrome, Firefox and Safari!Save 50% of your time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you every day!
If you apply to check the Default Direction in the Options dialog, your worksheet direction will be changed from right to left when you insert or create new worksheets. Please do as following steps:
1. Go to click File > Options, and in the opened Excel Options dialog, click Advanced from the left pane, and scroll to the Display group, under the Default direction section, check Right-to-left. See screenshot:
2. Then click OK to close this dialog, you will see your worksheet direction changed when you create new worksheet.
Note: With this way, only your new created worksheets will change the direction, and this operation is not applied to the existing worksheets.
Change the direction of worksheet by adding the Right to left document command to QAT
Here is another method for you to toggle the direction of the worksheet from left to right or vice versa at once with a toggle button. You need to add this Right-to-left document button to the Customize Quick Access Toolbar.
1. In your opened workbook, click Customize Quick Access Toolbar, and click More Commands from the list, see screenshot:
2. Then in the Excel Options dialog box;
- A: Choose All Commands from the Choose commands from drop down list;
- B: Then scroll to select Right-to-left document option in the list box;
- C: Lastly, click Add>> button to add this option to the right list box.
3. After adding the Right-to-left document option, click OK to close this dialog. Now you will see there is a Right-to-left document button displayed in the Customize Quick Access Toolbar, see screenshot:
And now when you click this Right-to-left document button, the current worksheet direction will be toggled between from right to left and from left to right at once.
change the font size of row and column headings in Excel
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, chartsand anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel 2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features 30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Read More... Free Download... Purchase...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!
Read More... Free Download... Purchase...Oldest FirstSort comments byOldest FirstNewest FirstComments (17)No ratings yet. Be the first to rate!
jamal maousheabout 5 years ago#17509This comment was minimized by the moderator on the sitethank U this article is very clear and helpful.jamal maousheReply
Sijo Joseabout 5 years ago#18278This comment was minimized by the moderator on the siteWow that was a great suggestion. I had a very bad time with changing directions and did not know that default setting changes for excel sheet direction. Thanks team.Sijo JoseReply
Hiteshabout 5 years ago#18849This comment was minimized by the moderator on the siteThanks I did my require changes. Regards HiteshHiteshReply
Sandra Monalisaabout 5 years ago#19046This comment was minimized by the moderator on the siteVery helpful, i had never encountered such a problem so i didn't know where to start.Sandra MonalisaReply
Huznyabout 4 years ago#21833This comment was minimized by the moderator on the sitethanks a lotHuznyReply
Zubairabout 4 years ago#22139This comment was minimized by the moderator on the siteI would like to thank you a lot because in MS excel sheet layout option disappeared suddenly...and I was looking for a solution....thanks againZubairReply
mojganabout 4 years ago#22866This comment was minimized by the moderator on the sitethanks a lotmojganReply
Shrikantabout 4 years ago#23226This comment was minimized by the moderator on the siteThanks i did what ever i want....ShrikantReply
Theresa Carolissenabout 4 years ago#23602This comment was minimized by the moderator on the siteI tried right to left document and it takes the columns to the far end of the page and re-direct all my worksheets.Theresa CarolissenReply
Hassanabout 3 years ago#25554This comment was minimized by the moderator on the siteشكرًا، واضحة ومباشرةHassanReply
Ayaabout 3 years ago#26551This comment was minimized by the moderator on the siteThank you!AyaReply
Zakariaabout 3 years ago#27270This comment was minimized by the moderator on the siteThanks, easy and works just fineZakariaReply
Aminaabout 3 years ago#28297This comment was minimized by the moderator on the sitethanks a lot.Very helpfulAminaReply
Abdoabout 2 years ago#29875This comment was minimized by the moderator on the siteIn the recent versions, you'll find this option under Page Layout > Sheet Right-to-Left.AbdoReply
RenCatabout 2 years ago#31427This comment was minimized by the moderator on the sitethank you.. cool...RenCatReply
Orang-Hitamabout 2 years ago#32736This comment was minimized by the moderator on the siteTrema Kasih !Orang-HitamReply
Mohamed Yousufabout 1 year ago#33826This comment was minimized by the moderator on the sitethanks for ur helpMohamed YousufReplyThere are no comments posted here yetLeave your comments
Posting as GuestLogin Username PasswordLogin to my account Name (Required) Email (Required)×Rate this post:Reset0 CharactersSuggested Locations I agree to the terms and conditionCancel Submit Comment