I have the Excel data as
I want to apply format to Column A when Column B is "okay":
I think I should use the formula to achieve this, but how to do them in one go?
It seems that this link could not apply the format rule to the entire column.
Do the following:
How it works:
- Select S1:S10.
- From HOME Tab hit Condition Formatting.
- Then New Rule, next is select Use a Formula to determine which cells to format.
- Use this =$T1="okay", as Format value where Formula is True.
- Hit Format button, apply an appropriate format and finish with Ok.
Since you have already tried, so do this:
Select the data range, reach to conditional Formatting.
Hit the Manage Command, you get this.
- Select and click Edit button, apply necessary changes as I've shown above, and finish with Ok.
Note: Adjust cell references in the formula as needed.
Select Range you need- go to Conditional Formatting- Manage Rules...- New rule- Use a formula to determine which cells to format:
Enter the formula: =$B1="okay"- select the fill color you need- click OK: