How to Insert Dollar Symbol using the Alt Key?
These are steps to insert the Dollar symbol in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Make sure your numeric keypad is active on the keyboard.
- Place the mouse cursor where you want to insert the Dollar symbol.
- Press the Alt key and type 36 on the numeric keypad.
- Release both the keys and the Dollar sign will show up.
How to Insert a Dollar Sign on Mac OS?
- Place the cursor where you want to type the Dollar sign.
- Press the Shift keys and 4 to insert a Dollar.
Dollar Sign EmojiSymbolDescriptionHTML CodeHEX Code﹩Small Dollar Sign﹩﹩＄Fullwidth Dollar Sign＄＄Heavy Dollar SignBanknote with Dollar SignMoney BagMoney with WingsMoney-Mouth Face
If you are not familiar with ALT codes and want to know more about it, please read the article about How to Use ALT Codes to insert symbols.