How to resize row height or column width to fit text in Excel?
You may often have such a problem that the cell is too small to show all the text in Excel. Now I will tell you how to resize the cell to fit your text in Excel.
Resize row height or column width to fit text by Format functionOffice Tab Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier...Read More... Free Download...Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.Read More... Free Download...
Resize row height or column width to fit text by Format function
Amazing! Using Efficient Tabs in Excel Like Chrome, Firefox and Safari!Save 50% of your time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you every day!
If your data is so long for the cell, you need to resize the column width of the cell.
Select the cell and click Home > Format > AutoFit Column Width. See screenshot:
Now you can see the cell is resized to fit the text.
If you want to resize the row height, you can click Home > Format > AutoFit Row Height.
- Shrink text to fit a cell in Excel
- Resize worksheet tabs in Excel
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, chartsand anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel 2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features 30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Read More... Free Download... Purchase...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!
Read More... Free Download... Purchase...Oldest FirstSort comments byOldest FirstNewest FirstComments (4)No ratings yet. Be the first to rate!
DenisKabout 3 years ago#26694This comment was minimized by the moderator on the siteMaybe a faster solution is to double click the small space between the column headers "A" and "B" to auto fit the column width. Same works for the column height.Reply
Andrew Maabout 2 years ago#31593This comment was minimized by the moderator on the siteSince my Excel typically have (1) long text that takes multiple wraps to display in a single cell, and (2) multiple line text created using Alt-Enter and also wrap, the way I use to resize row width takes several steps. (1) change the column to text mode (2) turn off wrap on the entire column (3) turn wrap back on (4) double click the small line between two row numbers on the left, e.g. between the "2" and the "3" Excel row numbers.Reply
Ahmedabout 2 years ago#32671This comment was minimized by the moderator on the siteFantastic! Thanks a lot and I wish for you and your family to be healthy in these times.Reply
Andy Frazerabout 2 years ago#33243This comment was minimized by the moderator on the siteThis is excellent. I've been looking for something like this for a long time.ReplyThere are no comments posted here yetLeave your comments
Posting as GuestLogin Username PasswordLogin to my account Name (Required) Email (Required)×Rate this post:Reset0 CharactersSuggested Locations I agree to the terms and conditionCancel Submit Comment